Thursday, January 24, 2013

Really Sad Day

Today, I just couldn't gather the strength to get out of bed until 2:21 in the afternoon, let alone go to school at 7. I woke up to a freezing, empty apartment, and not-so-great weather. My new room's a disaster, and my to-do list is 8 pages long.

And while I was running about my apartment, throwing a pity-party, a family in Waterford, Michigan was grieving over the loss of their son, Charlie Vanbibber. From what I've heard, Charlie was a quiet, high-school student who was viciously bullied. News got out today that Charlie lost his battle to suicide.

At first, I was just kind of sad. I mean, I never knew Charlie, but of course the story was disappointing. How are people so okay with themselves, knowing that they're driving another person to the edge? Does bringing people down really make you feel good about yourself? 

How proud of yourself will you be when you look down into Charlie's coffin and see the life you killed?

The fact that suicide is even a reasonable option for anyone is mind-blowing. I've been there, and depression is brutal. I just find it hard to comprehend how miserable all these people must've been.

I'm done seeing people I care about die because they think they're alone. You're not alone. I care. I've been there. Please don't kill yourself.

I have walked straight through hell. Do not doubt me when I tell you that. I was at my rock bottom. My mom wasn't living in the same state, my boyfriend of 2 and a 1/2 years wanted out, and I thought I was completely and utterly alone. I'd written several suicide letters. I had a plan. When I tell you I was depressed, I don't mean that I was sad for a few days. I wanted to die.

If you're depressed, suicidal, or just upset... Please talk to me. Know that I care. I do not care if I don't know you, or if we've had problems in the past.

I'd much rather you come and talk to me than visit your funeral.

I think 2013 is the year to get rid of suicide. Let's show everyone how much they're worth.

  • Smile at strangers
  • Tweet compliments to people you hardly know
  • Text a friend who's going through a hard time
  • Hug people in the hallway that are crying
Let people know that SOMEONE cares!

It's been a really sad day. I don't want another day like this to reoccur this year. 2013 is our year. Let's make the most of it.

Stay strong.

-Jordan xx

Twitter: www.twitter.com/Jordan_Winans
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/jordanashleywinans
Vlogging YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/jordanwinansvlogs
Tumblr: www.battle-wound.com

Instagram: @wtvr.jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment