Monday, January 28, 2013

Under the Sea

I ventured out to downtown Seattle this past Saturday! Guess where I visited!

THE SEATTLE AQUARIUM!

It was seriously so much fun. It costs $16.95 for adults and $13.95 for kids. I know it might seem a little pricey... but I promise it is 100% worth it! You will not regret travelling there!

The first- and probably most exciting- thing that I got to do was touch starfish! Yes, live starfish! There are open pools filled with freezing salt water. They're filled with a couple hundred different types of starfish, anemones, and sea cucumbers! I decided to be brave and feel all of them... even though my hand got so cold that I thought it was going to fall off.



...And now I get to tell people that I touched a live starfish! (PATRICK!)

After the starfish came all of the ridiculously massive tanks, filled with fish from around the world. There was one tank even specifically made for the fish surrounding Hawaii. How amazing is that?

One of the coolest things (besides the octopus) in the main building, is the jellyfish-arch. It's a large fish-tank with flashing colored lights... and jellyfish, of course! It's definitely a crowd favorite.


After the first building, you walk out into an area that has a few types of birds. Then, you move on to the mammals that enjoy the ocean: sea otters and seals! The seal was actually quite scary. When I tell you it was huge, I mean huge. The sea otters, on the other hand, were the cutest things I've ever seen!

SO ADORABLE!

Anyway, it was a successful, tourist-y weekend here in the rainiest city ever. Gotta love new adventures!

Jordan's Dare for you today: try something new.

-Jordan xx

Twitter: www.twitter.com/Jordan_Winans
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/jordanashleywinans
Vlogging YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/jordanwinansvlogs
Tumblr: www.battle-wound.com

Instagram: @wtvr.jordan

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a fabulous day I definitely want to visit there when I come up to visit okay maybe I'm just a little bit jealous -)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll definitely have to go there when you visit! You'll love it!

      Delete